font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

terça-feira, 28 de abril de 2009

It's never too late for the Lord











Well this weekend was a very wonderful and rewarding weekend! We had the opportunity to go to the South to see Vagner's mom get married and baptized. This is a day that we have been waiting for for so long.
When Vagner was first baptized in 2003 his mom told him she didn't want anything to do with the church and even told him that if he joined he would have to leave home. Well, even though he knew what he had to do it was very hard on him because he loved his mom. When Vagner decided to serve a mission the situation got even worse. With no support from his mom and being the only member in his family he went off to do the Lord's work. Vagner faithfully wrote his mom every week, in return he only received about 5 letters at the most. When he got home from his mission his two brothers and sister who were of baptism age were baptized. Yet, his mom was still not ready to be baptized, however, Vagner never left without hope. What a wonderful day it was when Vagner's mom called to say she was going to be baptized. I have never seen Vagner so excited. We of course knew we had to go to support her. On April 24th Vagner had the long awaited and wonderful opportunity to baptize his mom.
Like Nikki and grandma well put it, maybe there are reasons that visa's are delayed. I guess the Lord really does always know what he is doing!

7 comentários:

Wendy Pippin disse...

YAY that's so great. What an amazing story...you should send it into the friend or ensign or something. That's really inspiring.

The Green's disse...

I agree with Wendy. What a story!! I'm so happy to hear that everything is working out. We love ya!

Kyle and Shayla disse...

Wow! That is so awesome!! Really that is truly amazing I'm so glad that he got to be there to be a part of it. It gives you a reminder that the Lord really knows what he's doing!

Brooke and Darin disse...

Ok you were there for her baptism and wedding so now it's time to journey on home! Hurry gosh! I actually didn't know all of that about Vag and his mom. That's kinda sad. :(

Stephanie disse...

First of all that is very exciting about your husband's mom....and second of all YAY! I am so happy I found your blog! It was a little bit of an accident, but I'm so glad! Congrats on the baby coming, and I hope everything else is going good!

liz disse...

that is so wonderful. I remember how much he wanted that on the mish. How is the visa thing coming anyway?

Shanda disse...

Hey cutie. I hope you remember me:) Its great to see what you are up to. Wow! Brazil! How nice. COngrats on the pregnancy too!!